Wednesday 15 August 2012

Double Feature - Bradley Strider - Bradley's Beat and Bradley's Robot.


Hello friends and neighbors =) It’s time for another RDJ review, and this one’s for one of the least known aliases he’s ever gone by: Brad Strider.

   
Albums: Bradley’s Beat (left), Bradley’s Robot (right)
Artist: Bradley Strider
Released: 1995 and 1996, respectively
Genre: 90’s House
Obtained: 2 years ago, ripped off YouTube via stereo mix drive



OVERVIEW
This is my first Double Feature. I will be doing a TBT review on both albums, mainly because I really want to get it out of the way. They’re two of my least favourite albums, ever. Not because they’re bad tracks, I just  find them boring, that’s all. Does that make me a bad person?
________________________________________________________________________

BRADLEY’S BEAT (PART (ONE)
This is the one track anyone really takes any interest in, because of it’s catchy nature.  It’s got a hip hop/techno vibe to it that’s so off tha hizzle, your gramma will be steppin’ to it, yo.

BRADLEY’S BEAT (PART TWO)
This isn’t exactly a “part two” – it is not connected, nor does it bear any similarities to part one, aside from its tempo. This track takes things to the lighter side, using  bongos and jazz organ riffs to make it sound more lively and upbeat. Its one vice is it’s more repetitive and annoying than a 90’s Nokia ringtone.
________________________________________________________________________

CAT020-A1
I don’t know exactly what the name of the instrument being simulated in this tune is, but it sounds kinda cool. You know, it’s the one that you hear in Japanese movies all the time… That’s about all there is to this track though.

CAT020-A2
This is more chill, quiet, relaxing, serene… This quality makes the track still listenable after 7 and a half minutes of loop repetition.

CAT020-B1
I’m starting to wonder why I decided to do a track-by-track review. For every track I have the same thing to say: Catchy, but repetitive, and long.

CAT020-B2
This track adapts a jungle style again, similar to Bradley’s Beat Part Two. However, the sound effects remind me of the Polygon Window track, “Quoth” (we will cover that one soon), Specifically, it sounds to me like a mix of the Wooden Thump Mix, and the Hidden Mix.
________________________________________________________________________


The only reason I took the time to pirate these albums is because they are the early creations of the one and only Richard D. James, who, as you may have noticed, I still have a little bit of an obsession over after 3 years of listening to him. Otherwise I would say it’s not worth  trying to find a legit copy of either. But that’s just me.


Thanks for reading, have a great day! =)


Favorite Tracks:
Bradley’s Beat Part One, Bradley’s Robot A2


If you wanna hear the tracks, look them up yourself. I did it, you can too. I believe in you =)

1 comment: